Friday, February 13, 2009

Article review #1

As I was searching for articles to review, I stumbled upon two that I thought I could relate to. The first is discussed in this blog.
New Literacies Instruction in Teacher Education discussed the importance of using technology in the classroom. Teacher blogs were encouraged as a form of modeling our enthusiasm about using technology for our students. Blogs can intrinsically motivate our students to read and write. Students can participate in an on-line community by writing on an educational blog. This experience can provide the students with a real audience and can expand their perceptions and perspectives by corresponding with people around the world. Other topics discussed are internet workshops, virtual literature circles, and video conferencing.
This article was very informative and helpful in understanding new technologies. I think most of these new additions are better suited for late elementary school through high-school.

McPherson, S. (2007). New literacies instruction in teacher education.TechTrends, 51(5), 24-30

1 comment:

  1. I agree. These tools will also help build computer skills which are very much desired in today's world.

    ReplyDelete