Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Painful Lesson

Yesterday I learned a painful lesson about teaching- letting go! I am a Teachers Aide in a Kindergarten classroom. A new student transferred into our room in early November. Her level was lower than our lowest student at the beginning of the school year. Since she came to us, I have helped her every morning with the bell ringer and as needed throughout the day. Her mother is moving the family back to the school she transferred from. Saying goodbye to her yesterday hurt far worse than I thought it could. I pray that this child continues to receive services- she is a bright little girl. She has a lot of potential. I know that as teachers, we will encounter this numerous times during our careers. Just a warning to everyone- you will love your students more than you thought possible! Enjoy them while you have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment