Friday, February 27, 2009

This week in education

I am happy to be through with the facilitation of my journal article. I hope the information you received will be helpful in the future. I did do some searching on-line to see what these manipulatives looked like prior to my presentation. I have included the link of the website I viewed for your enjoyment:
http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/vlibrary.html

I also wanted to include an update about the new student in the classroom where I work. Not only is she a cutie-pie (remember, I work in a Kindergarten classroom as a Teachers Aid), she is smart! She is getting along very well with the rest of the class. One of the children that I care for has had a couple of hard days, but we handle each day as it comes. I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to work in this classroom this year. I am learning how to deal with the many issues that teachers deal with everyday in a controlled setting. My PDE (as I think of her!) is excellent. She is experienced and loving, yet in control of her classroom. The students know that they will not get away with anything on her watch. I hope that I will learn enough this year to help me during my first year as a classroom teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment