Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Facilitating a discussion

I am a little nervous about the discussion facilitation in our next class. As many of you may know, I get very nervous talking in front of others (especially people I don't know). For some reason (thank you, God!), this does not occur when I am with kids.
I will be happy when my part of this facilitation is over. I think that everyone who has completed their facilitation thus far has done a great job! I wish I could be as confident that I will follow in their footsteps.... Until Monday....

2 comments:

  1. You will do fine. You are going to have to grow confidence in speaking anyways if your going to be an effective teacher. I know its different because you are speaking in front of peers instead of kids, so if you can master it now then it'll just get easier and easier. I think everyone has some sort of hesitation before talking to a large group. Don't worry, be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Matt. None of us will bite either! Just practice with a small group of people. It is also a lot less distracting talking to people at this age than younger students. There are so many distractions in a normal classroom. Everyone is nervous but you will do fine. Besides like Matt says.. you are going to be a teacher!

    ReplyDelete