Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break

I hope that everyone had a restful Spring Break. Since the school where I work has no days off in March, I was thankful for college being on break for a week. I think the local schools should have planned a short break in March- many children have been missing school due to illness. Our class had eight children missing two days this past week! This is a real challenge that we are all going to face in our classrooms- how do we help the students catch up once they come back to school after missing several days? I guess we will take it in stride (as we do almost everything) and deal with it the best way we know how. See you all soon....

1 comment:

  1. In the 3rd grade class I am in, we had a boy just returning and the teacher seemed to handle it well. In her follow up, she allowed the student to have extra time to "fill in the blanks" if you will, and he seemed to catch up just fine. So I guess review review review is a good anser. This way, when a child misses, they wont fall far behind.

    Also, take a break! All work and no play, ages you! Thats what I hear..lol

    Mick

    ReplyDelete